Monday, February 4, 2008

Wedding Roller Coaster Ride

In a world of uncertainties it’s nice waking up in the morning with the thought of certain things. Planning a wedding has been extremely exciting and like a roller coaster, it has its ups and downs. Swirls of emotions go round and round, kind of like an amusement park ride, I’m on a merry-go-round. For the past four months, I have been planning my own wedding with the help of my soon to be mother-in-law. My mind is completely rapped in creating the perfect wedding according to my standards. For three months, I have been in search of the perfect wedding reception location but have not been able to find one that was in my budget and gorgeous. Last Saturday, we, my fiancé and I, found the perfect location for my spring wedding-The Mansion on Main Street in Voorhees, New Jersey.

We desired to view the location of the Mansion to ensure it was met our standards. As we were driving up to the main entrance, we saw a small lake surrounded by beautiful grass, as beautiful as it can be in the winter, and a bridge over the lake for guests to take a romantic walks from one end to the other. A fountain lies in the center of the lake and, when lit in the spring, it will create beautiful pictures. We were greeted by a few staff members until we met with the general manager. He proceeded to take us to view the Vanderbilt Room where the reception will be held. We quickly fell in love with this room and the structure of the room. When it came time to talk business, you know money; we were disappointed to discover that the room was unavailable for April 12 of this year. My fiancé and I excitement quickly turned into a depressed and defeated demeanor and the change could be felt throughout the room. It was as if a one-hundred pound weigh was attached to everyone that was in the room and for a few monments, no one spoke or made eye contact with another human being in the room. After a few moments of sadness, someone spoke up and asked about changing the time from a night wedding to an afternoon wedding. This shift in time worked and now we are able to use one of the most beautiful places New Jersey has to offer.

Since we changed times we also had to change rooms, which wasn’t a bad swap. Our new room will be the Versailles Room. This room appears as if it has been in gold! The windows and mirrors are outlined in gold frames and the chandeliers are crystals that sparkled when the light reflected off of them. The Versailles Room is dipped in gold, with a splash of elegance, class, suffocation, and perfection, the most importance attribute of them all. With this in mind, we made a impulsive decision to select the Mansion’s Versailles Room as the place to have our wedding reception.

6 comments:

Eric_Donovan said...

Zipporah, I am glad that you went away happy after a slight detour on the road to your wedding day! I hope that it is a great one and I am sure you will remember it for the rest of your life!

Brandon said...

I know how it feels planning for a wedding. I am getting married next Feb. 14th and there is so much planning and preparation. Things you never expected you had to do just boggle your mind from the flowers to the invitations. And you want it to be the perfect day, so glad yours worked out and hopefully I can share the same luck. For right now I chose Celebrations in Bensalem as my location for the wedding.

Jean Marie said...

Good luck with everything!! I'm sure your wedding will turn out beautifully! You should definitely post some pictures from it on here! Did you get your dress yet? What does it and the bridesmaids dresses look like? - Oh man - I love weddings - I pretty much have mine planned out in my head already I just need the right guy!

Amy said...

Congratulations! I am so glad that the wedding planning worked out. That would have been a bummer. I'm with Jean Marie; I want to know all of the details. Good luck with the rest!

Zipporah said...

Jean Marie, I have my dress and my bridesmaids have their dresses also. My color is rose petal and the gowns are beautiful. I will defiantly post pictures in a few weeks.

Zipporah said...

Congratulations Brandon! A word of advice: the planning is the worse part approaching the wedding day. Also, you can past this to your finance, if you say you're having a dinner instead of wedding for the reception, you can cut the price almost 75%! Try it and see because you can have your wedding at a beautiful place that you would not consider because of price. Our reception at The Mansion cost eighty dollars per guests but we're only paying twenty-five per guest and we're having one-hundred people! That’s an amazing difference.