Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Strike Is Over!

Thats right kids, the WGA's strike is over. They signed with a 92.5% margin to lift the strike. I am very excited, TV series will continue and life as I know it on my couch will continue. Still I couldn't help but be slightly irritated at my roommate when the only thing on his mind was the fact that he will get 14 episodes of lost as opposed to just 8 we would have gotten if the strike had continued. This was an enormous blow against major corporations.

This was HUGE. Amazing. This was like David standing up slinging the rock at Goliath's head. Never again will big bad corporations swindle money away from the people who deserve it. I've worked for corporations for far too long.

It was amazing, it was moving, and it was accomplished by the people who will be fortunate enough to retell it. They are the writers. They have the power to immortalize the events forever. Whether it is in blogs, books, or snappy one liners in the TV series they have gone back to write.

They banned together, they knew what they wanted, and they achieved it. How many people actually get to say they did that?

3 comments:

Jean Marie said...

My excitement rose when i heard about the strike being over...but to my dismay even the shows that continued to air during the strike that I watch were not new this week...hopefully next week will be a different story.

Amy said...

I have to say that I very much agree with your roommate and the LOST situation. I am very excited to hear that the strike is over!

Zipporah said...

I'm happy the strike is over also mainly because people can go back to work. I wish I could be just as excited as you Lyssa but I don't get a chance to watch TV that often. Heck, I never know or watched Lost until my fiancé watched it one night a few weeks ago. It appears to be a good show and it would be great if I could watch it more but it is okay. I guess I'll continue to be lost until I have the opportunity to get caught up on Lost lol. (Yes, that was a joke people)