Sunday, February 3, 2008

Book Review Idea

Considering we have a book review to write in a few weeks I figured some of you are beginning to look for a book to read. I went to BJ's last weekend and picked up a book, Murdered by Mumia by Maureen Faulkner and Michael Smerconish. Danny Faulkner was a Philadelphia cop who was murdered in December 1981 while on duty. The man charged with the murder, Mumia Abu-Jamal was convicted and is currently on death row. However, many think he should be freed and that he did not or could not have committed the murder. I am only a few chapters into the book so far, but so far I have really enjoyed reading it and I thought I'd recommend it to anyone looking for something to read. It is interesting in that he was a local cop, so the story hits very close to home. I will warn that it is a very sad story. Just an idea for anyone looking!

3 comments:

Eric_Donovan said...

I have always wondered about that case and what all the fuss was about with freeing the man (and by fuss, I do not mean to make light of the situation but rather ask what is the basis for people believing he should be free) so thanks for the recommendation!

Brandon said...

It sounds like a great book and it is probably very interesting hearing both sides of the story.

Zipporah said...

That book sounds interesting. I might take your suggestion and purchase this book because I am finding a hard time looking for a book. I don't read a lot of novels so I don't really know what interests me. I perfer non fiction over fiction so this might be a good choice for me. I'm considering reading Barack Obama's latest book but I'm haven't decided yet.